The tenancy agreement is a contract between a Tenant and a landlord. It may be written or verbal. The tenancy agreement gives certain rights to both parties and sets out both their obligations. For example, your right to occupy the accommodation and your landlord’s right to receive rent for letting the accommodation.
Usually Tenancy Agreements contain the following;
- Tenant’s and Landlord’s name and the address of the property which is being let
- the date the tenancy began
- the duration of the tenancy – if it’s a fixed term tenancy, this means the date when the fixed term ends
- the amount of rent payable, how often and when it should be paid and how often and when it can be increased
- what the rent includes – for example, utilities, service charge or bills.
- whether your landlord will provide any services
- the notice period you and your landlord need to give to end the tenancy – there are statutory rules about how much notice to give and this will depend on the type of tenancy and why it’s ending
The agreement may also contain details of obligations to repair the property, Landlord’s obligations to repair basic rights under the law.
On Legalnaija, you can create and download your own Tenancy Agreement in less than 5 minutes and for a small sum. All you need do is;
- Visit https://app.legalnaija.com/shop/templates
- Select Tenancy Agreement
- Answer the questions
- Make payment
- Download your agreement
Through this innovation, we have made getting Tenancy Agreements, easier, cheaper and faster. Most especially all our Templates are drafted by expert lawyers.