Recent developments in Family Law: Focus on UK and Nigeria
Tuesday, 11th September 2018
6.00 pm – 9.30 pm
Bircham Dyson Bell LLP
50 Broadway, London SW1H 0BL
Click here to book:
Arrival & Registration
6:30pm – 8:30pm
Welcome, Introduction and Launch of the Family Law Network
Seye Aina, Chair, British Nigeria Law Forum
Panel of Speakers
- Her Honour Judge Khatun Sapnara, East London Family Court – FGM Orders and Forced Marriage Protection Orders.
- Professor Dame Carolyn Hamilton, Coram International – Family Justice in Nigeria.
- Janet Latinwo, AFRUCA – Modern Slavery in the UK, the work of AFRUCA.
- Lisa Bolger-Smith, Bircham Dyson Bell LLP – Recent Developments in International Divorce.
- Babs Akinyanju, East London Family Court & BNLF Coordinator Family Law Network.
8.30pm – 9.30pm
Networking, Drinks & Canapés
Event ends 9.30pm
Event Organiser: British Nigeria Law Forum established in 2001 is a vibrant professional organisation made up of British and Nigerian Lawyers and Students. The FLN mission is to promote family justice in the UK and Nigeria by keeping practitioner members informed of latest developments in family law and procedure. See the website: www.bnlf.org.uk
Event Host: Bircham Dyson Bell LLP is an award winning top 100 UK law firm with offices in London and Cambridge. Many of the lawyers and advisers are recognised leaders in their practice areas – their knowledge and expertise helps the firm to provide a unique, client-centred approach to law.