LEGALNAIJA T & Cs
The term Legalnaija or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 5b, Kudirat Abiola Way, Alausa, Ikeja, Lagos. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
This document is an electronic record in terms of the National Information Technology Development Agency Act, 2007 and is applicable as pertaining to electronic records in various statutes as amended by the National Information Technology Development Agency Act, 2007. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
Your use of Legalnaija and tools are governed by the following terms and conditions as applicable to www.legalnaija.com. If you transact on Legalnaija, you shall be subject to the policies that are applicable to the website for such transaction(s). By mere use of the website you shall be contracting with Lawlexis International Limited, a company incorporated under Companies and Allied Matters Act, 2004, with head office at 5b. Kudirat Abiola Way, Alausa, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria and these terms and conditions constitute your binding obligations
Accessing, browsing or otherwise using the Site indicates your agreement to all the terms and conditions in this Agreement, so please read this Agreement carefully before proceeding.
Use of the Legalnaija website is available only to persons who can form legally binding contracts under Nigerian governing laws. If you are a minor (a person under the age of 18 years), you are not eligible to register as a member of Legalnaija and shall not transact or use the Legalnaija website. As a minor if you wish to use or transact on Legalnaija , such use or transaction may be made by your legal guardian or parents who have registered as users of Legalnaija . Legalnaija reserves the right to terminate your membership and refuse to provide you with access to its Site, if it is brought to our notice or if it is discovered that you are under the age of 18 years.
Your Account and Registration Obligations
When You use the Site or send emails or other data, information or communication to Legalnaija , you agree and understand that You are communicating with Legalnaija through electronic records and You consent to receive communications via electronic records from Legalnaija periodically and as and when required. Legalnaija may communicate with You by email or by such other mode of communication, electronic or otherwise.
Membership on Legalnaija is both paid and free for Users. However, Clients who wish to register on Legalnaija, shall be required to pay a registration fee of N………………………………..
Legalnaija does not charge any fee for browsing on its Site, however, Legalnaija reserves the right to charge a fee and change its policies from time to time. In particular, Legalnaija may at its sole discretion introduce new services and modify some or all of the existing services offered on the Site. In such an event Legalnaija reserves, without notice to you, the right to introduce fees for the new services offered or amend/introduce fees for existing services, as the case may be. Changes to the Fee and related policies shall automatically become effective immediately once implemented on the Site. Unless otherwise stated, all fees shall be quoted in Nigerian Naira. You shall be solely responsible for compliance of all applicable laws including those in Nigeria for making payments to Legalnaija
Use of Legalnaija Website:
You agree, undertake and confirm that your use of Legalnaija shall be strictly governed by the following binding principles:
- You shall not host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information that:
- Belongs to another person and to which you do not have any right;
- Is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, pedophilic, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever; or unlawfully threatening or unlawfully harassing including but not limited to “indecent representation of women” or misleading in any way;
- Is patently offensive to the online community, such as sexually explicit content, or content that promotes obscenity, pedophilia, racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- Harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- Involves the transmission of “junk (spam) mail,” “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing or “spamming”;
- Promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- Infringes upon or violates any third party’s rights [(including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights, rights of privacy (including without limitation unauthorized disclosure of a person’s name, email address, physical address or phone number) or rights of publicity];
- Promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s copyrighted work (see “Copyright complaint” below for instructions on how to lodge a complaint about uploaded copyrighted material), such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- Contains restricted or password-only access pages, or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- Provides material that exploits people in a sexual, violent or otherwise inappropriate manner or solicits personal information from anyone;
- Provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;(l) Contains video, photographs, or images of another person age 18 or older without his or her express written consent and permission or those of any minor (regardless of whether you have consent from the minor or his or her legal guardian).
- Contains video, photographs, or images of another person age 18 or older without his or her express written consent and permission or those of any minor (regardless of whether you have consent from the minor or his or her legal guardian).
- Tries to gain unauthorized access or exceeds the scope of authorized access (as defined herein and in other applicable Codes of Conduct or End User Access and License Agreements) to the Sites or to profiles, blogs, communities, account information, bulletins, friend request, or other areas of the Sites or solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other users;
- Solicits gambling or engages in any gambling activity which Legalnaija in its sole discretion, believes is or could be construed as being illegal;
- Interferes with another user’s use and enjoyment of the Site or any other individual’s user and enjoyment of similar services;
- Harm minors in any way;
- Infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights or third party’s trade secrets or rights of publicity or privacy or shall be fraudulent or involve the sale of counterfeit or stolen items;
- Violates any law for the time being in force;
- Deceives or misleads the addressee/users about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature;
- Impersonate another person;
- Contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, limit or take over the functionality of any computer resource; or which contains any trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, easter eggs or other computer programming routines that may damage, detrimentally interfere with, diminish the value of, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information belonging to Legalnaija and the users and visitors to the Site;
- Threatens the unity, integrity, defence, security or sovereignty of The Federal Republic of Nigeria, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or prevents investigation of any offence or is insulting any other nation;
- Is false, inaccurate or misleading;
- You shall not directly or indirectly, offer, attempt to offer, trade or attempt to trade in any item, the dealing of which is prohibited or restricted in any manner under the provisions of any applicable law, rule, regulation or guideline for the time being in force in the Federal Republic of Nigeria;
- You shall not create liability for us or cause us to lose (in whole or in part) the services of our ISPs or other suppliers;
- You shall not use any “deep-link”, “page-scrape”, “robot”, “spider” or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent manual process, to access, acquire, copy or monitor any portion of the Site or any content, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Site or any content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the Site. Legalnaija reserves the right to bar any such activity;
- You shall not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of the Site, or any other systems or networks connected to the Site or to any of Legalnaija ’s servers, computers, networks, or to any of the services offered on or through the Legalnaija website, by hacking, password “mining” or any other illegitimate cyber activity;
- You shall not probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Site or any network connected to the Legalnaija website nor breach the security or authentication measures on the Site or any network connected to Legalnaija ;
- You shall not reverse, lookup, trace or seek to trace any information on any user of and/or visitor to the Site, or that of any other customer of Legalnaija , including any Legalnaija account not owned by you, to its source, or exploit the Site or any service or information made available or offered by or through the Site, in any way where the purpose is to reveal any information, including but not limited to personal identification or information, other than your own information, as provided for by the Site;
- You agree that you will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on the cyber infrastructure of the Site or any of Legalnaija ’s systems or networks, or any systems or networks connected to Legalnaija ;
- You agree not to use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any transaction being conducted on the Site, or with any other person’s use of the Site;
- You may not forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any message or transmission sent by you to Legalnaija on or through the Site or any service offered on or through the Site. You may not pretend that you are, or that you represent, someone else, or impersonate any other individual or entity;
- From time to time, you shall be responsible for providing information relating to the items or services proposed to be sold by you on the Site. Therefore, you undertake that all such information supplied by you in respect of the items and/or services advertised on the Site, shall be accurate in all respects;
- You shall not exaggerate or over emphasize the attributes of such items or services so as to mislead other Users to patronize such items or unfairly compete with any other user, item or service on the Site;
- You shall not lift (i.e. copy or cut and paste) images of products (items and/or services) you want to sell on Legalnaija from other websites. All images to be used must be original images and not stolen images or content posted on another website or publication; and in the event that you violate this term, you hereby indemnify Legalnaija against any third party claim therefrom;
- You shall not engage in advertising to, or solicitation of, other users of Legalnaija to buy or sell any products or services, including, but not limited to, products or services being displayed on Legalnaija or related to Legalnaija . Furthermore, you may not transmit any chain letters or unsolicited commercial or junk email to other users of Legalnaija .
- You understand that Legalnaija has the right at all times to disclose any information (including the identity of the persons providing information or materials on the Site) as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or valid governmental request. This may include, without limitation, disclosure of the information in connection with investigation of alleged illegal activity or solicitation of illegal activity or in response to a lawful court order or subpoena. In addition, we can (and you hereby expressly authorize us to) disclose any information about you to law enforcement or other government officials, as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate in connection with the investigation and/or resolution of possible crimes, especially those that may involve personal injury.
- You remain solely responsible for the content of the materials you post on the site and in your private messages
- Please be advised that such Content posted does not necessarily reflect the views of Legalnaija . In no event shall Legalnaija assume or have any responsibility or liability for any content posted or for any claims, damages or losses resulting from use of Content and/or appearance of Content on Legalnaija . You hereby represent and warrant that you have all necessary rights in and to all Content you provide and all information it contains and that such content shall not infringe any proprietary or other rights of third parties or contain any libelous, tortious, or otherwise unlawful information.
- Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through Legalnaija , including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser. Legalnaija shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on Legalnaija . All parties are advised to conduct their own scrutiny and verification of buyers and sellers. Legalnaija is merely providing a ‘meeting place’ for both buyers and sellers.
- It is possible other users (including unauthorized users or “hackers”) may post or transmit offensive or obscene materials on Legalnaija and that you may be involuntarily exposed to such offensive and obscene materials. It also is possible for others to obtain personal information about you due to your use of Legalnaija , and that the recipient may use such information to harass or injure you. Legalnaija does not approve of such unauthorized usage but by using the Legalnaija site you acknowledge and agree that Legalnaija will not be responsible for the use of any personal information that you publicly disclose or share with others on Legalnaija . Carefully select the type of information that you publicly disclose or share with others on Legalnaija .
- Legalnaija shall have all the rights to take necessary action and claim damages that may occur due to your involvement/participation in any way on your own or through a group(s) of people, intentionally or unintentionally in DoS/DDoS (Distributed Denial of Services).
Contents Posted on Site:
- All text, graphics, user interfaces, visual interfaces, photographs, trademarks, logos, sounds, music, artwork and computer code (collectively, “Content”), including but not limited to the design, structure, selection, coordination, expression, “look and feel” and arrangement of such Content, contained on Legalnaija is owned, controlled or licensed by or to Legalnaija , and is protected by trade dress, copyright, patent and trademark laws, and various other intellectual property rights and unfair competition laws;
- You may use information on Legalnaija , products and services purposely made available by Legalnaija for downloading from the Site, provided that you:
- do not remove any proprietary notice language in all copies of such documents,
- use such information only for your personal, non-commercial informational purpose and do not copy or post such information on any networked computer or broadcast it in any media,
- make no modifications to any such information, and
- not make any additional representations or warranties relating to such documents.
Legalnaija does not take responsibility or liability for the actions, products, content and services advertised on the Site, which are linked to Affiliates and/or third party websites using Legalnaija APIs or otherwise. In addition, Legalnaija may provide links to the third party websites of affiliated companies and certain other businesses for which, Legalnaija assumes no responsibility for examining or evaluating the products and services offered by them, and Legalnaija does not warrant the offerings of, any of these businesses or individuals or the content of such third party website(s). Legalnaija does not in any way endorse any third party website(s) or content thereof.
Legalnaija welcomes links to this Site. You may establish a hypertext link to Legalnaija website, provided that the link does not state or imply any sponsorship or endorsement of your site by Legalnaija . You must not use on your site or in any other manner any trademarks, service marks or any other materials appearing on or belonging to Legalnaija , including any logos or characters, without the express written consent of Legalnaija and the owners of the marks or materials. You must not frame or otherwise incorporate into another third party website or present in conjunction with or juxtaposed against such a website, any of the content or other materials on the Legalnaija website without Legalnaija ’s prior written consent.
Disclaimer of Warranties and Liability:
This Site, all the materials and products (including but not limited to software) and services, included on or otherwise made available to you through this Site are provided on Legalnaija on “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis without any representation or warranties, express or implied as to merchantable quality, except otherwise specified in writing. Without prejudice to the forgoing paragraph, Legalnaija does not warrant that:
- This Site will be constantly available, or available at all; or
- The information on this Site is complete, true, accurate or not misleading
Legalnaija will not be liable to you in any way or in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, Legalnaija website.
Legalnaija does not warrant that this Site; information, content, materials, product (including software) or services included on or otherwise made available to you through Legalnaija website; their servers; or electronic communication sent from Legalnaija are free of viruses or other harmful components. The protection of your computer from harmful viruses, malicious code and bots remains your responsibility and in no way transfers to Legalnaija .
Nothing on Legalnaija constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind.
All the products sold on Legalnaija are governed by laws of The Federal Republic of Nigeria and if Legalnaija is unable to deliver such products due to implications of the laws, Legalnaija will return to you or will give you credit for the amount received by Legalnaija from the sale of such product, which could not be delivered to you.
You will be required to enter a valid phone number while placing an order on Legalnaija . By registering your phone number with us, you consent to be contacted by Legalnaija via phone calls and / or SMS notifications, in case of any order or shipment or delivery related updates. Legalnaija will not use your personal information to initiate any promotional phone calls or SMS’.
While availing any of the payment method(s) offered at Legalnaija , Legalnaija will not be responsible for or assume any liability, whatsoever in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly to you due to:
- Lack of authorization for any transaction(s), or
- Exceeding the preset limit mutually agreed between you and your “Bank(s)”, or
- Any payment issues arising out of the transaction, or
- Decline of transaction for any other reason.
All payments made against the purchase of services on Legalnaija by you shall be in Nigerian Naira, acceptable by the Central Bank of Nigeria and no other. Legalnaija does not accept any other form of currency with respect to the purchases made on its Site.
The Electronic Wallet (“E-Wallet“) is a pre-paid payment instrument which is associated with your Legalnaija account. You can maintain a balance of money with Legalnaija and redeem it to purchase goods and services at your convenience.
Legalnaija will not pay any interest on the amount maintained by you in your E-Wallet.
Refill of E-Wallet: Your E-Wallet can only be refilled, using any of the pre-paid payment options available on the Site. You will be able to recharge your E-Wallet up to the sum of N1, 000, 000 .00 (One Million Naira) in one instance. There is no need to maintain a minimum balance.
Refund of E-Wallet Amount: Your E-Wallet comprises of three types of balances – Store Credit (which is a credit granted by Legalnaija typically in lieu of a cancelled order), Topped-up balance (which is a prepaid amount that you added to E-Wallet to pay for future orders on Legalnaija ) and Promotional balance (which is credit granted by Legalnaija purely for promotional or goodwill purposes). Topped-up balance (prepaid amount) as well as the Promotional balance added to the E-Wallet will be non-refundable; while Store Credit will continue to be entirely refundable.
Limitation of Liability: In no event will Legalnaija be liable for any special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages or losses of any kind, arising from the use of the E-Wallet or association with the E-Wallet.
Without limiting other remedies, Legalnaija may limit your activity, immediately remove your information, warn other Users of your actions, immediately temporarily/indefinitely suspend or terminate or block your membership, and/or refuse to provide you with access to Legalnaija website in the event, but not limited to:
If Legalnaija is unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide; or
If it is believed that your actions may cause legal liability for you, other Users or Legalnaija .
Legalnaija may at any time at its sole discretion reinstate suspended Users.
This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted and construed in accordance with the laws of The Federal Republic of Nigeria. The place of jurisdiction shall be exclusively in Lagos, Nigeria.
Jurisdictional Issues/Sale in Nigeria Only
Unless otherwise specified, the services advertised on Legalnaija is presented solely for within the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Legalnaija makes no representation that materials/services on Legalnaija are appropriate or available for use in other locations/Countries other than Nigeria. Those who choose to access this site from other locations/Countries other than Nigeria do so on their own initiative and Legalnaija is not responsible for supply of goods/availability of services, refund for the services ordered from other locations/Countries other than Nigeria, compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
Trademark, Copyright and Restriction
This site is controlled and operated by Legalnaija . All material on this site, including images, illustrations, audio clips, and video clips, are protected by copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights that are owned and controlled by us or by other parties that have licensed their material to us. Material on the Legalnaija website owned, operated, licensed or controlled by us is solely for your personal, non-commercial use. You must not copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute such material in any way, including by e-mail or other electronic means and whether directly or indirectly and you must not assist any other person to do so. Without the prior written consent of the owner, modification of the materials, use of the materials on any other web site or networked computer environment or use of the materials for any purpose other than personal, noncommercial use is a violation of the copyrights, trademarks and other proprietary rights, and is prohibited. Any use for which you receive any remuneration, whether in money or otherwise, is a commercial use for the purposes of this clause.
We at Legalnaija respect the intellectual property of others. In case you feel that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Product and Service Description
Legalnaija tries to be as accurate as possible. However, Legalnaija does not warrant that product or service description or other content of this Site is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. If a product or service offered on Legalnaija itself is not as described, your sole remedy is to return it in unused condition.
If Legalnaija comes across any difference in pricing resulting from typographic errors with regards to pricing or product/service information, Legalnaija shall have the right to rectify the same or cancel the order(s) and refund monies, if any, collected from the client within 10-15 business days of such corrective action taken. The mode of refund will be the same as at the time of placing the order.
Cancellation of Orders
Legalnaija reserves the right to cancel any order without any explanation for doing so, under situations where Legalnaija is not able to meet the requirement of the order placed or order so placed/cancelled does not comply with the Legalnaija policy or for any other reason. However, Legalnaija will ensure that any communication of cancellation of an order is made to the customer within reasonable time and any applicable refund, will be made in reasonable time.
Termination of Service
Legalnaija reserves the absolute right to modify, discontinue, temporarily or permanently, any and all portion of our goods and services with or without prior communications. You hereby consent that Legalnaija will under no circumstance be liable to you or any third party for any modification or discontinuance of availability of goods or services on the website.
Limitation of Liability
In no event shall Legalnaija be liable for any special, incidental, indirect or consequential damages of any kind in connection with this agreement, even if Legalnaija has been informed in advance of the possibility of such damages.
Legalnaija ’s aggregate liability to you, any individual or any third party in any matter arising herefrom, related or connected to the purchase of goods and services on the Site, shall be at the company’s sole discretion.
Terms and Conditions for Merchants Gift Certificates:
Please note the following:
Only one certificate may be used per order, except this is expressly stated otherwise by the Merchant.
All Merchant Gift Certificates purchased on Legalnaija strictly apply to products found thereon, this will therefore not suffice for shipping fees.
The Merchant is at liberty to offer credit if he wishes unless otherwise required by law.
In the event a customer misplaces (i.e. whether stolen or lost) his or her voucher, or reference number neither the Merchant nor Legalnaija will be held responsible for same.
No one has the right to purchase from the Legalnaija platform and resell same to individuals.
In the event a Customer decides to redeem his Gift Certificate without abiding with all terms and conditions herein stated, the gift certificate will be rendered invalid.
All Gift Certificates are void to the extent prohibited by law.
Gift Certificates cannot be combined with any other gift certificates, including but not limited to coupons, promotions, third party certificates etc., unless otherwise expressly specified by Merchant.
All Legalnaija offers (including but not limited to discounts), upon expiration of the date specified in the offer becomes invalid.
Other Terms and Conditions
VOUCHERS– All vouchers purchased and thereafter printed from the Legalnaija platform are strictly promotional vouchers which are offered at prices below their face value and thereafter purchased by customers.
A Legalnaija Voucher can only be redeemed at the cash value paid by the customer for it (i.e. if you paid N500.00 for a Legalnaija Voucher, but the voucher gives you N3000.00 of value to the Merchant, the cash value that you paid is N500.00 as opposed to the actual value/actual value of N3000.00).
Please note all expiration dates on Vouchers are valid and therefore govern the last date which you can use the VOUCHER, in the event you do not redeem your voucher before the expiration, you automatically forfeit same, unless the law provides otherwise.
Please note that all your purchases are either directly from Legalnaija if the item is “Sold by Legalnaija ”, or from a Merchant in the event the goods or services are offered by the Merchant. In light of the above, goods or services sold by a Merchant are strictly redeemable from Merchants while those sold by Legalnaija are redeemable from Legalnaija .
You Can Contact Us
Please send any questions or comments (including all inquiries unrelated to copyright infringement) regarding this Site to [email@example.com] or to our office at 5b, Kudirat Abiola Way, Alausa, Ikeja.