PRIVCON PRIVACY AWARDS: CALL FOR NOMINATION
The conveners of PrivCon Nigeria – an annual privacy and data protection conference in Nigeria – are delighted to announce the call for nominations into varying categories of their inaugural PrivCon Privacy Awards 2024. These awards have been established to identify and celebrate outstanding contributions to the growth and development of privacy and data protection in Nigeria.
Nominations are now open into the following categories:
- Privacy Leading Light (Legal) for lawyers in private practice or in-house counsel.
- Privacy Leading Light (Tech)– Privacy professionals in tech (non-lawyers)
- Privacy Leading Light (Academics): University lecturers teaching law, cybersecurity, ICT and other related courses.
- Privacy Leading Light (Research): Researchers with published works in the area of privacy, data protection, cybersecurity or related subjects.
- Privacy Leading Light (Women category): Women in tech, female lawyers
- Privacy Leading Light (Advocacy): Non-governmental organisations leading privacy/data protection advocacy in Nigeria.
- Privacy Team of the Year (Private sector): Private and public companies with formidable privacy departments.
- Privacy Team of the Year (Public sector): Government agencies with formidable privacy departments.
- Best Privacy Culture Development: Nigerian Organisations with the best privacy culture
- Best Privacy Product/Programme: Nigerian Companies with privacy-enhancing products or programmes
- DPO of the Year (private sector): DPOs in private or public companies.
- DPO of the Year (public sector): DPOs in government departments
- DPCO of the Year: licenced DPCOs in Nigeria
- Rising star (Legal): young lawyers (1 -5 years post-call)
- Rising star (Tech): young privacy professionals (1-5years experience)
- Rising star (Undergraduate): University students (including postgraduate and law school)
Nominations are invited from individuals, organizations, and entities who have made significant strides in promoting the privacy and data protection industry in Nigeria. Please consider submitting nominations for deserving candidates in these categories.
HOW TO NOMINATE:
Head over to PrivCon Privacy Awards website at www.privconprivacyawards.ng. Fill out the nomination form with the required information. Include a detailed description of the nominee’s contributions and why they deserve recognition in the selected category.
Call for Nominations Opens:16th October 2023
Nominations Deadline: 30th November 2023
Shortlisted Nominees Announced: 7th December 2023
Voting starts: 8th December 2023
Voting closes: 8th January 2024
Final Nominees Announced: 31st January 2024
Panel of Judge Announced: 1st February 2024
Awards Ceremony: April 2024
For any inquiries or require assistance, please contact email@example.com
Join us in celebrating those who have made significant strides in advancing privacy and data protection in Nigeria.