A Tenancy Agreement is the agreement between a Landlord and Tenant for the use of a premises for a period of time and for a certain fixed sum. In other words, a Tenancy Agreement is a contract between a Landlord and the Tenant which sets out the rights and obligations of both the Landlord and the Tenant when renting property.
- The date the tenancy begins.
- The names and addresses of the Landlord and the Tenant
- Address where the property is situated
- The duration of the tenancy
- The cost of rent
- The obligations of the Landlord and Tenant
- Outline of Bills, the Tenant and Landlord are responsible for during the tenancy period.
- Mode of termination
- Service charge and security deposits if applicable
- Legal fees, and agency fees,
The above list is not exhaustive and in fact there are more terms that are frequently included in well-drafted Tenancy Agreements. It is quite important that Landlords provide Tenancy Agreements for their Tenants, and for Tenants to ensure they study the Tenancy Agreements given to them by the Landlord before signing same.
If you need a Tenancy Agreement, you can customize and download one within minutes on our website, simply login to Legalnaija.
Instructions on how to get an Agreement on Legalnaija
- Log on to Legalnaija
- Select the Tenancy Agreement from the lists of Templates
- Answer the questtionaire
- Make payment
- Receive your Tenancy Agreement in your Email.
- Print and sign
Please note that this information is provided for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice. No lawyer-client relationship is formed nor should any such relationship be implied. It is not intended to substitute for the advice of a qualified lawyer. If you require legal advice, please consult with a qualified lawyer.